Leasing a Racehorse through LRS
This avoids a capital outlay for the purchase of a racehorse. You can lease a horse for a single race, for a year or for the whole of its racing career. This option is proving increasingly popular with many owners as they look to maximise their involvement while limiting their capital outlay. Under a leasing arrangement, an ‘owner’ pays only the training fees and racing expenses and receives all of the prize money earned by their horse. At the end of the lease the ownership of the horse returns to the lessor/the legal owner.
Also, 5% shares and upwards from time to time may be available on a lease basis in some LRS horses. This again means you do not have the initial outlay of buying a share but all you need to do is pay a fixed price per month as a contribution towards the training fees, racing expenses and administration costs of the syndicate.
You then own the share for a given period of time (usually for the current season) after which you will have the choice to either buy the share or give it back and leave the syndicate. At the end of the season you will receive your share of any prize money won by the horse together with any other income earned such as appearance money and sponsorship fees.
Our aim is to help you get the maximum fun and enjoyment out of the ownership experience. Although you are only leasing a small share in a horse, you will receive the full benefits of racehorse ownership including:
- Opportunity to join the LRS team and jockey in the parade ring and winners' enclosure
- An Owners Badge [in rotation] when the horse runs and a guest badge at a reduced rate
- An exclusive and confidential telephone information line giving you all the latest news about your horse
- Regular visits to Lancashire Racing Stables to see your horse working on the gallops
- A DVD can be provided for all your horse's runs at the end of each season
If leasing a share in a horse is of interest to you, then please just get in touch with LRS Director of Racing, Paul Clarkson